Direct link to latest edition of Pool 32 Mag - click on this image

What is Pool 32 Mag all about ?

Pool 32 Mag is a new fly fishing e-magazine for everyone who loves fly fishing, and wish to follow environmental issues as well.

The best part is that it's a totally FREE e-mag and it can be downloaded by anyone, anywhere on the planet.

Check it out, sign up or send it on to a friend who is just as crazy about fly fishing as we are.


If you chose to scroll further down you will find the Pool 32 Blog

"our cyber world of fishy stuff".


We HATE spam mails, so we will of course

handle your mail info's according to our very strict privacy policy.


Copyright © Mark Wengler

No photo reproduction of any kind without prior written


"Fly fishing isn't just a sport - it's a state of mind!!"

Check out earlier issues of Pol 32 mag


December 23, 2011

Fishing in a dump or.......

Fishing in a dump or....

I went fishing with some of my fishing friends some day's ago.......... 

The first place we fished were in a deposit for old and broken building parts - a pure dump. Apparently they caught plenty of fish in this quite disgusting place, among all the trash and garbage. The reason for the success, when it come to catching lot's of sea trout, in this very "special" place is because of a fresh water channel that runs out ( just besides the red house in the top shoot) into the fjord area we were fishing in. This attrachts the sea trout when the water temperature drops. 


 BUT 


I must say that I have reached a state in my life where I consider if I want to spend time fishing in such a place at all. I defiantly prefer to  fly fish in quiet and beautiful surroundings - it's simply half the experience for me. The second spot we drove to, as you can see in the rest of these pic's, was much more appealing. Besides I love to shoot photos when I'm out fishing, and there isn't much to shoot in such a "dump scenery" ( top pic )!!

Fly fishing to me, is a state of mind where you just relax while your senses are being stimulated by a beautiful scenery, and if you on top of that are able to catch a few nice fish at the same time, then everything just comes together on a higher level.


I'm probably spoiled from all the fantastic places I've been to so far in my "fishy life" and I feel really priviliged to have so many fantastic memories in my mind and heart. So I really don't know if I ever will join my fishing buddy's to the "dump spot" anymore - life is simply to short to spend on these kind of "garbage fishing spots"!!



No comments:

Post a Comment